The new blogger layout is doing my head in..AHHHHH!!


















Monday 9 May 2011

How to make a crochet rose *By Guest blogger Tigress*


GUEST POST BY....Tigress.


 
Hi everyone
I'm Miss Maza's friend
And today I'm doing a guest post for her
Sometime ago I was searching the net for a large rose pattern and couldn't find one
So I made up my own
I use US terminology and UK crochet hook and wool size

Abbreviations
Chain/ch
Single crochet/sc
Double crochet/dc
Stitch/st

You'll need:
Double knitting wool
4 mm or 5mm crochet hook
Scissors
Embroidery needle

Instructions:
Roll off a good sized ball of wool
Double your yarn
Make a crochet knot
Ch 85
Ch 1,sc in each ch
Make a sc in the first st,miss 2 st,5 dc in the next,miss 2 st,sc in next st,miss 2 st,5 dc in next,etc...
until you get to the end
Roll up to see if you like how it looks
It should look more like a rose when you have sewn together
Fasten off
Sew in the ends
Cut a long length of wool and thread it into the needle
Roll up your rose so the bottom is flat
Sew through all layers,from side to side
Pull the thread tight so the outer layers curl in on the bottom of the rose
When the rose is firmly sewn up,fasten off
Voila!!!!!
You should have a rose.
I used mostly 'Patons FAB!'for my roses 
For an even larger rose ch 90 or 100
The multi-colored  ones are 85 ch,the pink one is 90 ch and the red one is 100 ch
If it doesn't work for you or you don't understand something please comment and my friend will tell me
And comment if it works.
Miss Maza would love to have feedback and comments on her other posts :D
Please do not sell the finished objects on the web
You're welcome to sell anywhere else.



© Miss Maza Beldi*Tigress

2 comments:

  1. Nice, i love Crochet
    Thanks Miss M B an Guest blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Sorry to contact you like this, but I'd trying to contact a Solihull based trip advisor reviewer with the username 'missmazabeldi'. If this is you, I'd love to have a chat with you about a new channel 4 series about online reviewing. If you get in contact I can send over more details - many thanks!

    Ellie.edwards@rdftelevision.com

    ReplyDelete